Interesting in Participating?
Potential Research Participants: If you are currently engaging in a contemplative mind-body practice (e.g., meditation, yoga, tai chi) on a regular/daily basis, and/or are about to begin an intensive period of practice (in a retreat or intensive course context) and are interested in finding out more about our research, please contact us.
It would be helpful to summarize the following in your email:
- Type of practice
- Duration of practice (how many years/months you have been engaging in this practice)
- Duration and start-date of retreat
- Name of retreat
All of our online studies are currently approved by the University of Miami and we will ask for your informed consent prior to participation in our research.
Interested in Collaborating?
Potential Research Collaborator: We are currently inviting researchers, intervention specialists, and retreat teachers to partner with us to include web-delivered behavioral tasks of attention, working memory, meta-awareness, emotion regulation, self-regulation/ego depletion, and long-term memory as part of their intervention research battery.
If you are currently conducting a contemplative mind-body training intervention in a clinical, school, military, or other context and are interested in potentially including basic benchmark neurobehavioral tasks of cognitive and affective functioning as part of your project, please contact us.
It will be helpful to summarize the following in your email:
- Academic affiliation or Intervention affiliation
- Type of Intervention (e.g., mindfulness-meditation training)
- Target Population (e.g., 11th grade students, returning Veterans)
- Study Design (e.g., Randomized control trial, active or wait-listed control group)
- The measures your current project aims to examine (e.g., well-being changes, academic performance in school, PTSD symptoms)
- Type of Funding you currently have for your study (e.g., Dept of Education grant; NIH, private foundation)
- If you do not have an active study but anticipate beginning one, please indicate as many details as possible.